Open Game Development Infrastructure
This project intends to analyze up to date problems in game development. After the analysis we going to develop state of the art technology and infrastructure with guidelines for default routines and protocols, trying to make game development fun and affordable again. Luckily we live in times where it is possible to investigate the source code of most game engines.
For the analysis I propose a dual approach, where we deeply analyze possible game engine toolchain and user interfaces concepts, in parallel with open workflows. Alongside with this we should investigate the possibilities of automatizing game development with additional tools for procedurally generating content.
For now I resume some possible parts of this project:
- Tools for rapid prototyping of game ideas
- Game development as an educational tool /Edutainment
- Serious games for therapeutical usage
- Maximal modular game engine concepts
- Visual/Hybrid programming languages
- Procedural map generation
- Material synthesis with neural networks
- Neural networks for game testing
- 3D user interfaces
- Comparing low-poly and realistic graphics